We are a Canadian based leader in design and fabrication of custom metal products located in the heart of Bradford Ontario. The size and scope of our projects range from handrails to large scale mobile conveyor systems used worldwide. We serve a multitude of business sectors and this creates the opportunity for a diverse and exciting array of projects for our employees to work on. Channel Industrial is an established family run business that has been operating for more than 25 years and has continually grown to have a state of the art facility with enhanced company equipment. We take safety seriously, we expect that you will participate in ensuring you create a safe workplace and that you also ensure the safety of your teammates. If you’re looking to work in an exciting environment where growth is welcomed and personal development is supported, consider the following opportunity to join our team.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The role of the Field Service Welder works with the Road Crew. This position reports directly to the Road Crew Supervisor. The successful candidate will have 3 + years’ experience in a fast paced custom steel fabrication setting. Experience with Shield Metal Arc Welding is required. Full Knowledge of Weld Symbols is required. A weld test must be completed during the interview process. Basic blueprint reading skills is an asset. The individual is responsible to maintain safe and clean work area as well as work as efficiently as possible. You will be responsible to clock in and out of projects on a daily basis as accurately as possible.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, listening), problem solving, works well with others, task planning, excellent attention to detail
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma is preferred
- 3+ Years of Experience is required
- Valid CWB certified tickets are required (SMAW)
- Perform work as assigned
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Weld/Assemble parts accurately and efficiently to the Drawings/Instructions provided
- Cleaning parts as required
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, continually adapting to change and work under pressure.
- Possesses a good attitude and likes to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if required
- Ability to read a tape measure in both standard and metric
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and forklifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of equipment
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Working at Heights certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
· We offer market competitive salaries, internal advancement, a comprehensive benefits program for employees and their families, and a healthy and supportive work environment
- Professional development education opportunities
- Clothing and safety shoes allowances
- Company bbq and team social events
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Entry into the facility by appointment only. Common surfaces are cleaned daily. Mask wearing is encouraged. Following government guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradford, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (preferred)