Metro Compactor Service Inc. is Canada’s leading expert in Waste and Recycling Equipment solutions. We are looking for multiple Field Service Welder’s to join our growing team! This is a long-term permanent position. Company benefits after 3 months probation.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished Arc Welder, can read shop drawings, and has great customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Welding repairs to Recycling containers /Recycling equipment/grates/railings (parts are manufactured in shop, welder describes the parts to the shop then picks them up and installs on site, this welder will not need to fabricate all parts but must be able to explain them through measurements)
- Evaluate repairs at site, use of cutting torches and welder to perform various repairs
- Use various hand and power hand tools
- Prepare and submit Service orders- Good communication skills: – speak, read and write well.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid G drivers license with clean driving abstract
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Experience in Arc/Stick welding
- Experience in Torch cutting
- Quality workmanship
- Ability to work overtime
Expected start date: 2020-11-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Arc welding: 3 years (Preferred)