Durose Manufacturing Ltd, A leader and progressive manufacturer of fabricated Steel products, is seeking a First Class Steel Fitter for their facility in Guelph.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Must be able to Manage large custom projects with minimal supervision.
– Interpret engineered drawings to fabricate a variety of custom structures.
– Must have experience in the fabrication process of large structures
– Must have experience working safely with all standard tooling and machinery in the fabrication industry.
– Must possess a high standard of quality in workmanship and be able to fit to tight tolerances.
– Must be able to work effectively and efficiently
Required Experience & Qualifications:
– Completion of High School/High School Diploma or equivalent
– CWB Certification and or Trade Certification
– Must have minimum 7 years fitting experience
– Must be an Advanced level fitter
– Set up and Perform SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, air carbon arc gouging etc.
– Must have knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the welding industry
– Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawing specifications, structural drawings and welding symbols
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Certified Forklift/Crane Operator would be an asset
– Practise safe work procedures and follow all health & safety regulations
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Durose’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.50-$28.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Steel Fitting: 7 years (Required)