At Eclipse, we combine know-how in production, manufacturing and distribution to provide custom state-of-the-art automated solutions worldwide. We service the Life Science, Transportation, Energy, Consumer, Electronics and Industrial markets. Eclipse has 14 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Reporting to the Fabrication Plant Manager, the Fitter-Welder will assist in development and implementation of fabrication manufacturing policies and procedures, liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture. Please note this position will be for the Afternoon Shift.
- Experience fitting structural steel, plate work & custom fabrications
- Valid CWB tickets for MCAW, GMAW and GTAW required
- Must be able to pass CWB weld tests as required
- Must ensure all parts are prefabricated correctly within given tolerances
- Excellent blueprint reading skills & Weld symbol knowledge
- Experience with fabrication equipment (brake press, shears, ironworker, etc.) is an asset
- Experience working with and using overhead cranes and forklifts
- Capable of component layout and detailing
- Experience with jig making an asset
Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Provides support and guidance to other members of the team with respect to technical ability
Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
Ensure scheduled milestones are met
Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Has successfully completed a Fitter-Welder’s Certificate
- Must have up do date GTAW, GMAW, MCAW certificates
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years of welding/fitting experience in a custom fabrication environment.
This position is open for Eclipse HQ in Cambridge, Ontario.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.