Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
The Fitter Welder will interpret shop drawings to instruct jig fitters on appropriate materials and locations. The position also requires tack welding, crane operation and production administration.
- Review and interpret shop drawings or details.
- Identify and mark joist panel point locations and instruct jig fitters accordingly.
- Load jigs with appropriate materials.
- Tack weld joist components.
- Move assembled joists from jig to banking conveyor. Operate crane as required.
- Enter production updates into the PP by Line in-house software.
- Comply with all Health and Safety, Environmental and Lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Practice good housekeeping and time management to perform daily duties.
- Identify joists with proper tags and assist in verifying the quality of jigs and assembled joists.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret shop drawings.
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English is a must.
- Ability to read and interpret safety and operating policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work safely and maintain production demands.
- Willingness to engage in training and train others as required.
Physical Demands: The nature of this position also requires the employee to perform a wide range of physical activities, ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (50-70lbs), to sitting, climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling with repetitive hand and finger movements. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: The employee constantly works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to welding fumes and airborne particles. The employee may also be at risk of experiencing flash burns, skin burns, electrical shocks and high noise levels. Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn (including but not limited to: metatarsal safety boots, safety glasses, welding helmet, welding gloves/sleeves, ear plugs and respiratory protection).
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam Group Inc. is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.