Maple Industries Inc., Chatham is looking for full time Fitters Welders
We are one of the most efficient fabrication shops in the steel business. We are privately owned and proud to be Canadian. Maple Industries Inc. & Maple Industrial Coatings Inc. offers competitive wages and a fantastic work environment. Come join us !
- Read and interpret drawings/blueprints and other written instructions.
- Fabricating, Assembling and Fitting of Structural Steel in a high paced production environment.
- Rig, hoist and move materials to and from workstation. Performs crane checks daily prior to use to ensure the crane is in working condition, if applicable.
- Operate welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as flux-cored arc welding etc.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Maple Industrial coatings policies.
- Ability to operate forklift (Training will be provided on site).
- Quality Inspect all finished work to ensure compliance with all regulations, adjust and repair as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma or High school 12th grade is preferred.
- This is an entry level position and previous welding experience in steel fabrication is considered as an asset.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Hard Working.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a busy environment.
- Pay can be between $18.50-$25 per hour depending upon previous experience.
- Onsite training is offered.
- Shift premiums & Vacation pay is offered.
- Health benefits are available.
- Pension Plan as per union agreement is available.
- The job location is Chatham, ON.
- Candidates must be willing to work varying shifts and overtime is available.
- This position is fulltime and regular schedule is 5 days a week and 8-hour shift.
- Overtime as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Following public health guide lines. Personal choice to wear a mask if not enforced by public health.
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- CWB welding Certification (preferred)