Field Service Gas Technician – San Francisco Gas Service Technician – San Francisco, CA Salary Based on Experience
JOB SUMMARY: We are San Francisco’s foremost fireplace company and have been servicing the Bay area for 44 years. Our Showroom and shop are located 10 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County. This position is responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing gas appliances and an ability to execute the mechanical repairs and services needed. Working directly with Fireplace Xtrodinaire, Vermont Castings, Regency, Element 4. Spark, Majestic, Lennox/Superior, and other manufacturers. The experienced technician will be able to diagnose various components including electronic and millivolt controlled systems, thermocouples, thermopiles, pilot assemblies, gas valves, spill switches, control modules and programming remote control to receiver. With California Air Quality pushing for clean burning appliances there is a huge upside/growth potential.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities :
- Performs mechanical repairs, installation and service on the full line of gas appliance products;
- Service and repair work is performed both at our shop and in the field at the job site.
- Has thorough knowledge of all equipment systems including electronic and millivolt controlled systems. Is proficient at diagnosing and repairing them;
- Requires some climbing and accessing hard to reach areas;
- Has the ability to independently troubleshoot all systems in all product lines accurately and in a timely manner;
- Consistently follows through on job facets working with Parts Manager, includes customer follow-up.
- Operates a service truck in a safe and responsible manner;
- Possesses a valid CA driver’s license and a clean driving record;
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction;
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on gas appliances;
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Willingly accepts responsibility and is flexible to any assignment
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, access confined spaces, and crawl;
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds;
- Require frequent walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28/HR to $32/HR – Based on Experience
- High school or equivalent
- Gas Technician with the ability to perform field repair: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Valid California Driver’s License
- NFI Certification (Preferred)
Visit our websites www.londonfireplaceshoppe.com, londonchimneyservice.com and fireplacesafetyservices.com for more information about our company and the services we provide.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 – $66,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pipe Threading: 1 year (Preferred)