Full-time Gate Fabricator/Welder needed!
Armstrong Fence Co is an industry leader in residential, commercial and industrial fencing and is in search of a full-time gate technician/installer. Armstrong Fence is locally owned and operated in Jacksonville, FL and provides great opportunities for advancement within a rapidly growing company.
- Applicants must have a valid Florida drivers license with a good driving record, be drug free, must pass a pre-employment drug test with a negative result, and a background check.
- The job entails coming to work on time, along with the job duties listed below.
- Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday start at 7am and the workday ends between 4:30 and 5:30 pm, and when busy (we are busy now) Saturdays. It is a 40+ hour work week.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Using verbal or written instruction from sales orders, locates material from stock in warehouse or yard and transports it to a pipe preparation/welding area.
- Notches, bends and swedges pipe sections, as needed using power equipment and cuts pipe to indicated lengths using a tape measure and pipe cutting equipment.
- Lays out pipe sections on a jig or table and welds with MIG/ARC welding equipment and techniques, applies cold galvanizing solution to protect welds.
- Maintains welding equipment by changing gas bottles and welding wire, as well as some maintenance to welding equipment and other miscellaneous machinery.
- Inspects completed gate frame for proper specifications using tape measure and square.
- May assist in gate fabrication including gate filling and addition of fittings and scrolling using hand tools.
- May perform miscellaneous duties depending upon size of the branch including loading/unloading trucks, filling customer orders, etc.
- May operate other machinery such as forklifts.
- Self starter and organized.
- May be required to go to job sites and make adjustments on gates for customers who are having problems with installation due to damage during shipping on fabrication.
- 3 years minimum of welding experience with MIG, ARC welding and torch cutting
- Able to perform own layouts and use jigs.
- Experience in Flux-core and Aluminum.
- Physically able to lift 80 lbs repeatedly.
- Must be able to work around heat and chemicals.
Must have your own reliable transportation to our shop and home.
Pay will depend on years of experience.
Benefits Include: We offer health, vision and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacations, bonus opportunities, workman’s compensation insurance and time and a half after 40 hours