With many construction projects in Vancouver, LMS Reinforcing Steel Group is actively looking to fill multiple, permanent, and stable ironworker positions for a Monday to Friday, 7AM-3PM shift, with opportunities for overtime.
While experience is an asset, we provide opportunities to sponsor new Apprentices to the rebar trade to join our teams in Downtown Vancouver, BC, and the surrounding area.
What you can count on:
- Full time, consistent (40 hours/week) and stable work. You’ll never have to worry about being “called off” for shifts or laid off due to a lack of work
- Continuous on-the-job paid training – Earn While You Learn!
- Advancement and promotion opportunities
- Benefits after 3 months – Extended health, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance
- RRSP contributions
What you’ll be doing:
- Place and secure rebar on commercial, residential and infrastructure projects in horizontal and vertical formworks
- Identify the different sizes, lengths and bend types of rebar
- Perform physical work like packing, tying and cutting rebar with specialty tools for the trade and placing rebar chairs appropriately
- Read and interpret detail sheets and drawings
- Work with apprentices
- Work around various cranes and at heights with positioning equipment
- Must be safety conscious and follow all LMS safety protocols
LMS is Western Canada’s leading fabricator and installer of reinforcing steel and post-tensioning. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2011, our commitment to service excellence, our integrity, and sound business management have created an “Employer of Choice” environment that will allow you to achieve your best.
This is your opportunity to work on some of our current large-scale projects and get your foot in the door as more exciting projects start up!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe, all workers must wear a mask on site, and work 6 feet from others when possible.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC (preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Rebar/Ironworker: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place