SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
As a General Labor at Chandco Designs Inc. you will be responsible for building and assembling of school furniture and cabinets using shop drawings and directions. You will be also responsible for maintaining general housekeeping of the production area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Study plans, specifications, or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications.
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood.
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortises and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components.
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws, or other fasteners.
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain, or polish to finished products.
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures, and related products
· Follow work instruction and assembly instructions provided.
· Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish.
· Construct, erect, install and repair structures made of wood.
· Ensure proper usage of job specific hand tools.
· Perform general housekeeping of workstation.
· Thorough understanding of machines and tools used for woodworking operations
· Able to safely and effectively operate or learn to operate CNC machines, controls, and operations
· Able to read and interpret blueprints, hand sketches and mechanical draw in
· Attention to detail; adherence to all standards of quality and safety
· Addressing machine malfunctions in an efficient and expedited manner
· Excellent ability to read and listen to instruction given in a variety of forms
· Excellent problem-solving skills, technical proficiency, and analytical abilities
· Have grade 12 high school certificate of completion
· Have completed woodworking training program at a trade school or college or have 2 years’ experience as a furniture/cabinet maker.
· Have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work
· Able to see details at close range
· Able to operate a welding machine
· Able to lift up to 40 pounds manually and safely
· Able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials
· The physical requirements include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching and bending
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible language requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- carpentry: 2 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-15