About the Organization
For over 30 years, Progressive has been designing and manufacturing innovative, rotary finishing mowers for natural grass producers, golf courses and municipal/general use around the globe. Our investment in the latest 3D CAD software, integrated ERP system, and CNC manufacturing work-cells, drives our customer commitment to provide high quality products that deliver unmatched Productivity, Reliability, Durability, and Quality of Cut. We enjoy strong brand recognition and a solid reputation within the industry for well-designed, durable products that provide lasting value to the user. Our longevity is a testament to our commitment to our products and our customer’s needs.
Living in Seaforth, Ontario
This friendly community of 2680, with its small-town aesthetic charm, cosmopolitan culture, municipal amenities, and diverse population, is ideally situated in Ontario’s picturesque Huron East Municipality. Just a 20 minute drive away is one of the five Great Lakes of North America, Lake Huron, where residents and tourists alike enjoy the beaches and water activities year-round.
A leader in agricultural technology, innovation, and production, Seaforth is also a center of exceptionally successful businesses, industries, and medical research. This fusion of progressive town centers, rolling farmland, wildlife conservation areas, recreation, and entertainment means that there is something for everyone. Whether you want to relax and enjoy the sunshine, relax by the beach, or get yourself moving, Seaforth has plenty of parks, playgrounds, and trails to choose from – visit us today!
We are seeking a full-time General Laborer to join our team at our Seaforth, Ontario location. This position would be in our Fabrication area.
Under the supervision of the Fabrication supervisor, the duties and responsibilities of the General laborer include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Operates indicated machines as required (e.g.: Plasma Table, Benders, grinders, saws, presses, industrial trucks, hoists, shear etc.) to fabricate parts;
· Utilize pallet truck or fork lift to deliver material to work cells;
· Receives instructions, and work orders from your supervisor;
· Ensures that work order quantities are correct, and properly fill out work orders
· Assists in taking inventory /cycle counts and advises on discrepancies.
The successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Ability to understand basic math equations (i.e.: add, multiply, fractions, etc.);
· Strong attention to detail;
· Ability to read blue prints.
· High school Diploma is an asset
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
The position will start as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit our website at www.progressiveturfequip.com
Progressive Turf Equipment is an equal opportunity employer and applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employes are required to wear a mask at all times on the shop floor
- Do you have any Metal Fabrication experience?