Daytona International Speedway is the home of “The Great American Race” – the Daytona 500. Though the season-opening NASCAR Cup event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports – the enormous 480-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of “World Center of Racing.” In addition to eight major weekends of racing activity, rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo “shoots,” production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
Daytona International Speedway seeks a talented professional to join Facility Operations in the position of General Maintenance – Welder based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
SUMMARY: Perform routine preventative maintenance and repair procedures on structures, buildings, facilities, and mechanical equipment. Maintain the overall condition of the building and grounds. Basic office systems knowledge including but not limited to computer system & programs, cellular phone. Microsoft Office suite knowledge preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble and disassemble temporary structures such as barricades, braces, and scaffolding
- Use all types of power tools and large equipment including cement mixers, mechanical hoists and surveying equipment.
- Weld, cut and fabricate
- Repair and replace existing structural elements of buildings.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form or repair structures.
- Perform preventive building maintenance duties.
- Build and set forms for pouring concrete.
- Mix, pour, and spread concrete using portable cement mixers
- Clean, repair, lubricate and maintain equipment, tools and machinery used for construction jobs.
- Use saws, hammer, nails and bolts for framing.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications using equipment, picks, or shovels
- Perform light electrical, plumbing, drywall and carpentry repairs.
- Participate in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Other duties as assigned
This job description reflects the general details of the specific job identified and is not necessarily a complete listing of all the work requirements that may be involved in the job.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: Hours will vary but will include all hours of operation, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to attend events and to fulfill job responsibilities. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida driver’s license
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!