ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to weld GMAW (MIG) and FCAW (FLUXCORE) for high production parts,
- Structural components: Tube, Beams, Angles,
- Heavy plates: up to 1” thick
- Must be able to set-up, monitor and troubleshoot welding machine, including consumables, settings and cables.
- Must be able to inspect work for conformance to quality requirements and repair as needed.
- Must be able to read and follow drawing and specifications as needed.
- Must be able to perform layout and tacking work pieces together or assembling and tacking in jigs or fixtures.
- Must be able to read and understand basic measuring tools
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Threads the proper electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, occasionally specified by appropriate certified welding procedure(s).
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Work Experience in a Steel Fabrication for shop for heavy plate and structural welding – Minimum 5 years.
- Must have worked with high volume welding
- CWB – ticket valid for GMAW & FCAW
Expected start date: 2020-06-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- FLUXCORE: 5 years (Required)
- STEEL FABRICATION SHOP: 5 years (Required)
- MIG: 5 years (Required)
- HEAVY PLATE AND STRUCTURAL WELDING: 5 years (Required)