- Milton, ON
- $22 to $25 per hour
- Days, 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Permanent, Full-time
- Overtime Available, Boot Allowance, 100% Company Paid Benefits, RRSP Matching Program
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a Canadian leader that has an impressive 47-year history of repairing and refurbishing buses and highway coaches. They pride themselves on their successes, which comes from the quality and commitment of their people.
As their new Welder, you will never have a shortage of interesting and variable work. Using your welding techniques, you will rebuild and attach components on transit buses and highway coaches, examining the pieces for defects and work within tight tolerances to ensure that all components conform to specifications. You will also be responsible for cutting out damaged, rusted, or corroded metals and fit, align and weld new sections into place, using mild steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with our client.
You will be doing …
- Working with tight tolerance and ensuring highly accurate measurements and fittings
- Inspect pieces and components for damage and corrosion, and fit/weld replacement sections
- Fitting and installing various new or re-built components
- Setting up, adjusting and using GMAW welding stations, drill presses, grinder, and air extractors
Why this is the right job for you…
- Trained and experienced in GMAW welding techniques using mild steel, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Experience setting up and operating MIG welding stations, drill presses, grinders, and air extractors according to product specifications and safety regulations
- Knowledge of proper welding procedures and processes to meet CWB Certification
- Experience welding in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- CWB certifications in Aluminum and Mild Steel is preferred
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected] or call text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.