Since 1975, MDC has been making high-quality vacuum products and systems that enable science to change the world. We are only able to achieve our mission because of our talented and brilliant employees who are committed to delivering the exceptional quality, product excellence and world-class customer that MDC has been recognized for over the past six decades.
As we celebrate our 45th year anniversary, we want to grow our talent team to help us expand our capabilities to develop the tools and technologies that enable science to change the world. If you share our passion of developing innovative technology solutions that make a positive global impact, we would love to speak with you! MDC offers challenging positions with opportunities to grow and advance your career. We offer stability, and competitive wages. Our positive work culture, diversity, inclusion and teamwork enable the greatest potential of our employee.
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind – 100%
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Come join us and be a part of the team!
Function & Responsibility
Perform all duties required to prepare and fabricate UHV/HV chamber, foreline and ultra-high purity gas delivery assemblies utilizing GTAW Orbital and Manual weld methods.
· Ability to perform precision complete joint penetration GTAW welds on multiple joint types with and without a positioner.
· Must pass ASME Section IX 6G weld test on multiple tube diameters with thickness ranging from .035”-.109”.
· Ability to properly Argon purge welded assemblies prior to welding obtaining < 10ppm levels of O2
· Experience with precision Vacuum based fabrication techniques and requirements.
· Ability to setup, calibrate and operate precision closed head orbital welding equipment.
· Knowledge of proper weld settings to perform precision welds on 300 series SST, Hastelloy and Aluminum: including proper filler rod selection.
· Precisely identify the sequence of events prior to fabrication
· Understanding of blueprints, tolerancing and weld symbols.
· Familiarity with precision inspection equipment (ex. V Blocks, height gages and calipers)
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Flexibility to perform activities in other work areas when needed (EX: Cutting, Machining, Pulling)
· Clean Room (ISO 5) experience is a plus.
· Punctuality and reliability
· Promote a positive work environment/culture.
· Proactively share new ideas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative