GTAW (TIG) Welder
- Guelph, ON
- Starting at $25 per hour
- Monday to Thursday, 11-hr Day Shift
- Fridays are optional; OT after 44 hours
- 8-week contract with possible extension
- Start Date: Monday, October 19th
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a manufacturing company that services that is looking for someone that’s is experienced in fabrication with thin gauged Stainless Steel. You will have the chance to be exposed to all the different aspects of the HVAC and mechanical fields. Another side of their business is arena hockey boards which can be used for outdoor/indoor rinks and/or home and basement rinks.
You will be working typically 44 hours a week on straight Days shift with a flexible start time between 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM. Shift is 11-hours and runs Monday to Thursday. Fridays are an optional and mostly all overtime. This will be an 8-week contract to start with the goal of transitioning into a permanent position based on the production schedule. This is a fast-paced, fabrication environment where you will be depended on by your team to do your part and work together to get the job done on time. This will be a challenging role that will give continuous, hands-on learning that will help to contribute to your career in the trade.
You will be…
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components and clamp pieces
- Weld components using GTAW welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 5 years experience with GTAW (TIG) welding of Stainless Steel
- CWB Certifications current and/or expired considered an asset
- Proficient working with 10 to 16 gauge metal, Stainless Steel experience preferred
- Enjoy working on custom pieces and having daily challenges
- Comfortable to get started with minimal assistance
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, tape measure, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Able to follow instructions and retain information
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude; willingness to learn
- Able to work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Positive person that is approachable with strong communication skills and excellent team player
- Able to maintain a commitment to safety always
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected] or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.