Hammond Manufacturing Company Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer of electrical and electronic enclosures, is currently seeking quality-driven welders to join our Production Team.
**Resumes are reviewed on a daily basis**
WHAT HAMMOND MANUFACTURING OFFERS
- Attractive wages and excellent benefits (Healthcare, Group RRSP, Pension Plan)
- Straight Shifts – Mon-Thursday (4:20pm-2:20am – paid lunch)
- Support for career growth including education reimbursements
- Optional overtime paid after 40hrs
- $0.70/hr shift premium for afternoon shift
- An active social club for parties, sports events, and community charities
- A Dedication to safety
SCOPE OF WORK & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must be familiar with all aspects of M.I.G. and T.I.G. welding with working experience in both.
- Required to lay-out the work, prepare joints and produce assemblies of commercially sound quality by electric arc welding (including shielded arc welding) in the flat horizontal and vertical position
- Strong technical ability to understand and demonstrate shop math which includes adding numbers, converting decimals to fractions, determining dimensions, converting measurements, reading and understanding technical documents and working with fractions.
- The ability to use and understand how to operate a PC to navigate the production ERP system and call upon drawings/BOM for each order.
- Must have knowledge of the welding technology including distortion control, equipment used, and metals commonly used
- Will work with hand tools such as hammers, saws, files, other shop tools, scales, calipers, gauges, squares, jigs and fixtures, etc. Electric welder, electrodes, clamps, portable electric tools such as drills, grinders, etc.
If you require an accommodation during the application or recruitment phase, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.87-$28.03 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
PPE, disinfecting, social distancing, remote interviewing
- Manual MIG Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Manual TIG Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Manual Arc Welding: 1 year (preferred)