Hammond Manufacturing Company Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer of electrical and electronic enclosures, is currently seeking quality-driven welders to join our Production Team on Afternoon Shift (Monday-Thursday 4:20pm-2:20am).
WHAT HAMMOND MANUFACTURING OFFERS
- Attractive wages and excellent benefits (Healthcare, Group RRSP and Pension Plan)
- Straight Shifts
- Support for career growth including education reimbursments
- Optional overtime paid after 40hrs
- $0.70/hr shift premium for afternoon shift
- An active social club for parties, sports events, and community charities
- A Dedication to safety
SCOPE OF WORK & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Required to lay-out the work, prepare joints and produce assemblies of commercially sound quality by electric arc welding (including shielded arc welding) in the flat horizontal and vertical position
- Strong technical ability to understand and demonstrate shop math which includes adding numbers, converting decimals to fractions, determining dimensions, converting measurements, reading and understanding technical documents and working with fractions.
- The ability to use and understand how to operate a PC to navigate the production ERP system and call upon drawings/BOM for each order.
- Must have some knowledge of the welding technology including distortion control, equipment used, and metals commonly used
- Will work with hand tools such as hammers, saws, files, other shop tools, scales, calipers, gauges, squares, jigs and fixtures, etc. Electric welder, electrodes, clamps, portable electric tools such as drills, grinders, etc.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of M.I.G.
- T.I.G. welding experience considered an asset
If you require an accommodation during the application or recruitment phase, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.91-$26.97 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- M.I.G. Welding: 2 years (Required)