Heavy Structural Welder
ENGlobal is an energy engineering and professional services firm, focused on innovative, cost-effective solutions. ENGlobal has grown into a recognized, international corporation by remaining committed to our clients with fresh ideas and professional experience.
ENGlobal’s expertise reaches numerous market sectors, including, but not limited to: petroleum, gas, chemical, power, and petrochemical markets, automation and controls and EPCm (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management) projects. We firmly believe that attention to detail drives the success of our projects, thus driving the success of our clients.
Position Summary: Fabricate and assemble various steel parts per company drawings/specifications using ASME approved and qualified welding procedure specifications. Use and maintain related shop equipment for welding and product movement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret company drawings and specifications
- Ability to pass a weld test meeting ASME requirements
- Communication with outside inspection agencies
- Operate and maintain welding equipment efficiently
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Determines required equipment and welding method need for quality production, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- TIG & Stick
- Must have own hand tools
Education & Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 2+ years related experience and/or training.
ENGlobal offers comprehensive compensation package with competitive pay and exceptional benefits. Interested candidates, please visit our website at www.englobal.com, and click on the careers link at the top of the page to submit your application.
ENGlobal is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
NO STAFFING FIRMS PLEASE