About us: Gopher Industrial is a premiere industrial distributor for industrial hoses, welding equipment and consumables, safety products, and mill supplies that is in Orange, Texas serving Southeast Texas, North America, and several other international countries. We provide our customers with supplies and services that help them reduce cost, save time, and improve efficiencies. Unlike most distribution businesses that began as a brick-and-mortar store and expand into eCommerce, Gopher Industrial began selling online first. We are a company that is built on technology. Selling primarily to petrochemical, refinery, aviation, military, agricultural, construction, industrial manufacturing, aerospace, welding fabrication, and marine markets.
Summary of Position: We are currently seeking a full-time position for a Welder (both TIG and MIG) and industrial hose technician of other non-welded industrial hoses. The position requires the ability to work as a team member in our hose assembly production shop that fabricates stainless steel metal braided hose and assemblies a variety of other industrial hose products. This position will require leadership, technical skills, and the ability to be flexible in job task by both welding and completing other hose production task that are non-welding related. This is not a full-time welding position. Job tasks includes welding, hose preparation for fabrication, assembly of other industrial hoses such as hydraulic, chemical, steam, fuel, air, water, material handling, and other like industrial hoses; testing, tagging, and certifying hoses; and utilization of other shop tools. TIG or Heliarc Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW) is the primary method used with fabrication stainless steel hose in the hose shop.
Work Hours: Standard work hours are 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday-Friday. The overtime can vary weekly from 2-5 hours with occasional weekend emergency call outs and or with significant increases in demand.
· Support hose welding production, fabrication, and assembly in hose shop by TIG or Heliarc welding stainless steel metal braided hoses, pipe, and pipe fittings as well as assembling industrial hose products such as tank truck hose, chemical hose, PVC hose, bull hose, hydraulic hose, PTFE hose and other industrial hoses.
· Fabrication of Stainless-Steel Hoses are welded in an Air-Conditioned welding booth with fume extraction. The rest of the hose shop area is covered and or enclosed when needed with air circulation for warmer seasons and heated with heaters in cooler seasons.
· Complete Testing and Certification of Hoses: Ensure hose assemblies are made to customer’s, manufacture’s and or NAHAD standards and specifications through production check points and testing; Preparing certifications and tags for such assemblies.
· Support hose production assignments to ensure on-time delivery of hose assemblies and fabricated hose assemblies.
· Fabrication on other special projects as needed with MIG, TIG, or STICK processes.
· Stocking hose shop area with stock utilized for hose assembly and production.
· Be available for after hours and weekend call outs as needed
· Provide general housekeeping of production area and warehouse as needed.
· Pull and deliver hot rush orders as needed.
· Work in other areas such as distribution center, relief in showroom, or anywhere as requested by management.
· Attend monthly safety training and work in a safe manner.
· Attend product and process training as required.
· Job descriptions can vary depending on the direction or requirements of the company or demand in other areas. The primary work area will be in hose fabrication, assembly, and testing.
· Promote safety within your department and throughout the company.
· Manage and maintain assets of the company within your area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Must have a High School Diploma; Welding Certification, Technical Degree or Associates in Welding is Preferred. Job experience is welding will be weighted.
· Have experience in MIG Welding (Metal Inert Gas) and TIG or Heliarc Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW) as well as the ability to utilize other preparation tools and equipment to complete a welding project such as a plasma cutter, cutting torch, band saw, chop saw, and other shop tools. TIG or Heliarc Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW) is primary.
· Ability to work with little or no supervision at all
· Flexibility and ability to multitask – handling more than one task at the same time.
· A good knowledge of a computer and its basic application
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work in Microsoft office (word and excel)
· Requires a valid driver’s license
· TWIC card is preferred
· Must have and maintain a clean driving record and background
· Must be detailed-oriented, a team player, and dependable
· Have a friendly and courteous attitude at all times especially when dealing with customers
Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Life Policy
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location