Hours – Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, rotating weekly from 6am to 3pm, and 10am to 7pm, with alternative Saturdays working 4 hours.
At Veolia, the HGV Fitter carries out planned and unplanned maintenance and repair work on the Veolia Fleet of Vehicles and Equipment. The HGV Fitter will be joining a very fast paced and busy environment, with a motivating team around them.
We’re looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, with the ability to work under pressure and actively seek solutions to problems. If you have a flexible and organised approach to solving challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
Main duties will include:
- Conduct repairs and maintenance on Veolia fleet and contractor vehicles and plant equipment.
- Run diagnostics on vehicles.
- Hydraulic, electrics, pneumatics diagnostics and repairs on the Veolia Fleet of Vehicles and plant.
- Undertake other work as instructed by the Workshop Management Team.
- Carry out HGV MOT inspections and preparations.
- Conduct roadside repairs when required.
The experience you will need
- City & Guilds, or NVQ level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance.
- Counterbalance Forklift licence.
- Welding/fabrication skills.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- The option to join our attractive Veolia pension scheme.
- Access to Veolia rewards, benefits and discounts.
- Access to financial and mental health support.
- 25 days annual leave and statutory bank holidays.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Reference ID: 122870
Job Type: Permanent
- Plant/RCV: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding/fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- IRTEC approved: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- MOT Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- City & Guilds, or NVQ level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance (Required)
- Counterbalance Forklift licence (Preferred)
- HGV Licence (Preferred)