Infra Pipe Solutions has over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. Infra Pipe offers its clients full service engineering support in the design and manufacture of custom systems to meet their project’s specific requirements.
We are currently seeking an HDPE Custom Fabricator/Field Service Technician to work out of our Huntsville, Ontario location. The responsibilities of this role include the manufacture and fabrication of Weholite Systems Solution (WSS) Fittings to meet the standards outlined in Infra Pipe Solution’s quality plans, drawings and procedures, through proper machine set up, and production process monitoring and control. This role also involves travelling to various job sites, in order to join Weholite pipe and fittings according to company quality, standards and processes. All field service technicians are required to perform their work, and to represent the company, in a manner that exemplifies the high standards expected of Infra Pipe employees. Hours of work are rotating day and afternoon shifts, with weekend work possible.
- Previous Fabrication experience or previous welder/fitter experience an asset (prior experience can be from working within the steel manufacturing industry);
- Previous experience with plastic fusion, manual welding, butt fusion, sidewall fusion an asset;
- Previous experience with various hand tools (chainsaws, drill presses, large band saws), and other Fabrication equipment is required,
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Be able to work from drawings and be able to layout various stages in the fabrication process;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (self-starter), and as part of the team;
- The ability to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Previous experience with 5-S and Lean Manufacturing;
- Bilingual in English/French would be considered an asset;
- Flexibility to work non-day shifts as needed to support customer needs;
- Flexibility to work in other departments at the Huntsville location as needed by plant management;
- Must be able to work continental shifts; some weekend work may be required;
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office. Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system an asset.
- Operate all fittings fabrication and field service equipment in order to manufacture/weld to the specified requirements of the customer order;
- Controlling the fabrication process by ensuring adherence to standards, including use of measurement equipment;
- Ensure proper handling and movement of finished product through the fabrication process;
- Troubleshoot issues concerning fabrication and welding and offer solutions to problems in order to minimize downtime;
- Travel to job sites throughout North America as required to fabricate joints and fittings;
- Operate a forklift in a safe and proficient manner; Place stock in the proper holding locations, in an organized and neat manner;
- Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment;
- Participate in all LEAN and 5-S activities as it pertains to the position and job location;
- Other duties/tasks as determined by the manager; this may include working in other departments from time to time, depending on the business needs of the company;
- Demonstrate a passion for teamwork and learning in all interactions with other employees; assist in training others;
- Conduct all work according to established Infra Pipe procedures, policies and standards.
- Competitive, comprehensive wages, commensurate with experience;
- Strong safety programs;
- Opportunities for career advancement;
- Generous company paid health & dental benefits;
- Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary;
- Ongoing training and support.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes by email to Human Resources ([email protected])