HVAC Technician and Gas Fitter 2
World of Comfort Ltd. – Toronto, ON
TO QUALIFY: THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A G2 LICENSE AND HAVE RELEVANT AND CURRENT EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED . PREFERENCE GOES TO CANDIDATES WITH PROVEN HYDRONICS AND DUCTLESS INSTALLATIONS AND SERVICE.
Do not apply without proven experience. Email or fax only. Thank you for your application. Previous applicants will be considered with updated resume. Sub-Contractors should submit rate cards, experience and potential job site recommendations.
Job Type: Full Time Year(s) of Experience: Minimum 2 Years
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Flexibility for on-call, weekends and after hours may be required as necessary.
The successful candidate will have a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement.
- Follow up with Senior Technician to ensure accuracy of work, including but not limited to the following duties:
- Performing mechanical system inspections, troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs as required to ensure efficient, safe and reliable HVAC, refrigeration, boiler, generator, and plumbing/piping system
- Ensuring that all safety and operational procedures are followed during work performance
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings or other specifications
- Measuring and laying out reference points for installation
- Assembly and installation of refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools
- Measuring and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start-up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharging systems with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repairing and replacing parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- Ensuring customer is informed of system
- Ensuring customer is informed of all maintenance and protection plans and associated WOC material
- Ensure work area at job site and workshop and truck is clean and organized
- Experience related to the duties listed above preferred, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and 2-3 years industrial/commercial mechanical systems and equipment experience.
- A valid Class G drivers license and possess a good driving record
- A valid license as a Gas Fitter Level 2 (G2) minimum
- 313D residential refrigeration and 308A sheet metal CoQ an asset
- Ability to take direction and follow through as required by Senior Technician
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to deal with internal and external contacts in a courteous and efficient manner
- Must be able to perform physical work (e.g. lifting, walking, climbing, push and pull and working in all types of weather conditions)
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and high areas
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Be able to learn and improve on their own as necessary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$40.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Please note that COVID-19 Protocols are in effect at our office and at any time while working in the field. This includes masking and hand sanitizing at the office, job sites and vendor/supplier locations.
- HVAC Installation and Service: 1 year (required)
- 313D Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (preferred)
- G2 Gas License (required)
- Drivers Licence (preferred)
- 308 Sheet Metal (preferred)