Hourly Rate: $27.74/hour
We offer a package of benefits that goes beyond competitive after 90 days of employment!
Relocation Allowance Available!
Location: Clewiston, FL: Midway between West Palm Beach (east) and Fort Myers (west). A town where you are truly able to enjoy the outdoor activities: fishing, hunting, biking, hiking.
Position Summary: This is a day shift position with periodic overtime or shift work requirements, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor: Machine Shop and Facilities Maintenance; working independently or in a team, and with minimal supervision, safely and efficiently maintain production equipment by providing for the planned and preventative maintenance through fabrication and/or installation.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Operate forklift, manlift, overhead crane, and other heavy equipment as needed, using both feet and hands to manipulate applicable foot and hand controls simultaneously.
- Maintain detailed records of maintenance activities including the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Perform routine safety checks on equipment prior to start, and maintain all records pertinent to the job.
- Read blueprints and layout work, use oxygen/acetylene torch and other mechanic tools, consult operating and maintenance manuals, use and read various precision measuring instruments such as tape measures, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
- Operate a computer-controlled Water Jet Metal Fabrication Machine to fabricate mill roll scrapers, and other items as requested.
- Safety utilize arc welding, MIG welding, TIG welding, oxygen/acetylene, plasma cutting and other metalworking tools and equipment in the fabrication and/or repair of all types of metal, parts, components, tanks, steel structures, pressurized vessels, pressurized piping, and similar items.
- Inspect, maintain, lubricate, repair, troubleshoot, breakdown, clean up, and/or install equipment, including motors, drives, bearings, electronic magnets, valves, pumps, conveyor systems, hydraulics, turbines, gear boxes, fans, and align couplings, sprockets, sheaves, and other equipment.
- Operate inside enclosed/confined spaces, or from raised platforms or heights utilizing lifting devices or proper rigging procedures, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrate proper housekeeping, and maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Perform, or assist in, maintenance and repairs as needed throughout the Factory.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Must have positive results from Company-designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a good work record and disciplinary history.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job, over the radio, and in the classroom, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the work site.
- Must pass the written mechanics test and 6G welding test prior to hire or job award.
- Operational proficiency in computers and software to conduct accurate data entry.
- Experience operating a Water Jet Metal Fabrication Machine is preferable.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment such as turbines, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors and auxiliary equipment, including the thorough use of welding principles and methods, or completion of an applicable certification program.
- Successfully complete a job sample prior to hire.
- Must be able to perform necessary mathematical calculations pertaining to the job.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Obtain forklift certification within 30 days of employment.
- Must possess personal hand tools and welding equipment abilities in order to successfully conduct basic tasks.
20% of the work is conducted in an open outdoor environment with or without overhead protection, exposed to heights and rapidly changing temperatures including extreme heat, weather conditions, blowing dust and particles, limited visibility, while wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, hair net, ear plugs, and/or full body chemical resistant suites), regularly climbing stairs, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, and walking on uneven ground containing trip hazards, and lift, carry, push or pull up to 55 lbs. unassisted.
80% of the work is conducted in an indoor, typical workshop environment operating the Water Jet Metal Fabrication Machine as well as other metalworking and materials handling equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.74 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place