Scott Steel Erectors Inc., – Hamilton, Ontario is an industry leader in Pre-Engineered Building Erection. We supply and erect quality building packages to anywhere in North America. With a team of supervisors with combined experience of over 120 years, we are experts at doing it right the first time. We maintain our company motto of Quality, Schedule and Cost encompassed in a strong safety culture.
General Description: Iron Workers (Fabric Building Experience)
Metal Building Systems Erectors will assemble and install pre-engineered metal buildings and steel components including overhead cranes, mezzanines, stars, handrails, etc. They work on a variety of jobs, large and small, including office developments, factory units, and sports stadiums, and heavy industrial projects across Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Planning which order to fit the steelwork together following plans drawn up by engineers
· Lifting and guiding components into position with tower or hydraulic cranes
· Follow all safety requirements of both the company and the project site
· Report any unsafe working conditions to the foreman immediately
· Lining up and levelling steelwork before securing it in place by bolting or welding methods
· Working from mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs – cherry pickers or scissor lifts) to the structure
· Working on the structure itself at heights beyond the reach of MEWPs
· Install fiberglass insulation and metal cladding on walls and roof of structures
· Hoisting steel, attach cables and/or slings to each piece using levels, transits, laser equipment
· Erect hoisting equipment
· Install rigging
· Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
· Follow directions from the Site Supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of one to three years’ experience as a Iron Worker with Fabric Building Experience
· Ability to follow engineering instructions and plans accurately
· Able to work at heights
· Physically fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Able to work in a team environment
· High awareness of health and safety practices
· Able to understand and follow instructions
· Working at Heights training and Elevated Work Platform tickets are required
· Forklift Operator ticket is considered an asset
· Valid CSTS-09 is required and preferred
· Red Chris Mine, British Columbia – Shifts
Must have your own basic PPE including a hard hat – visible Vest and approved steel toed work boots.
Travel and accommodation is provided
Local Candidates will have first preference in hiring process if qualifications are met.
· Competitive wages (based on experience)
· · A safe, positive work environment where you can feel comfortable going to work
· Key projects where you can contribute to building something important
· Qualified applicants, please email your resume and references.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
This position has been identified as risk/safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with Scott Group of Companies privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the Scott Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the Scott Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the Scott Group of Companies.
Contract length: 5 weeks
Expected start date: 2020-11-20
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $34.00-$38.00 per hour
- Fabric Building Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ironworker: 3 years (Preferred)