Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
Ironworker Operator sets up and operates machine equipment with separate sections that cut-to-length, punch and notch or trim structural shapes and plates. Duties for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Cutting steel according to specifications found on cutting bills
- Entering data into machine to set specs for cutting, crimping and punching
- Adjusting the machine to cut material to proper length
- Cutting angle/channel according to specifications found on cutting bills
- Move materials to appropriate areas with crane or buggy
- Perform operator scheduled maintenance on machinery
- May be trained to operate other equipment such as stud welder, crimper, channel cutters and saws.
Will be trained to weld shoes, clips, boxes as needed
- Practice good housekeeping, including 5S requirements, and time management in the performance of daily duties
- Comply with all legislated and company’s Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Lean policies, procedures and programs
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The position requires computer literacy
- Ability to operate an overhead crane
- Ability to read a tape measure and cutting bills
- Willing to move to day shift if needed for training or coverage of leaves
Physical Demands: The nature of this position also requires the employee to perform a wide range of physical activities, ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (50-70lbs), to sitting, climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling with repetitive hand and finger movements. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: The employee constantly works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to welding fumes and airborne particles. The employee may also be at risk of experiencing flash burns, skin burns, electrical shocks and high noise levels. Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn (including but not limited to: metatarsal safety boots, safety glasses, welding helmet, welding gloves/sleeves, earplugs and respiratory protection).
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam Group Inc. is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.