A1 Machine and Welding (1986) Ltd. is looking for Journeyman and Apprentice Welders to join our shop ASAP. Pay is dependent on experience.
We are currently in need of a welders for 3 different shifts. 1. Afternoon shift (Hours are 4pm to 2:30 am. 40 hours a week, Monday to Thursday. Shifts are 10 hours per day.) 2. Day shift and 3. Weekend shift. Candidates must be able to work 10 hour and 8 hour shifts.
This is a full-time permanent position in Vernon. This welder will be required to use a variety of tools, machinery, and equipment. The applicant will need strong mechanical ability and be knowledgeable of industry safety practices.
- Must have experience in MCAW, but CWB certification is not required. Must pass in-house weld test prior to being hired.
- Ability to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- High energy levels with the ability to effectively handle stress and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, take direction and be flexible
- Core competencies and mathematical reasoning.
- Safety conscious and able to follow safe work practices and procedures
The following are considered job assets:
CWB Groove Weld Certification in GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift