Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
Please visit our website https://mining.komatsu/ for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Fabricator to our Sparwood, BC region.
Reports to: Foreman, Weld Shop
Shift: 7 x 7, 12 hours per shift, rotational between days and nights
Location: Sparwood, British Columbia
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Review drawings and discuss them with management or the customer,
- Plan the sequence of tasks and decide how to cut the steel most efficiently,
- Determine the materials required and obtain them from stock,
- Develop and/or mark patterns if required
- Use metal-working machines and cutting torches to cut steel, drill or punch holes, and roll, bend or press steel into the desired shapes,
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete units or sub-units, and
- Fasten components together (by mechanical means or tack weld) in preparation for a welder to complete the process.
Education / Qualifications:
- Journeyman Metal Fabricator/Fitter Certification
- 1-3 years of mining or construction related experience is an asset
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.