We are currently accepting applications for a Class “B” Ticketed Journeyman Gas Fitter with extensive experience in both residential and commercial/light industrial gas fitting/HVAC work in both service and installations handling black iron, gastight & copper layout, as well as in venting gas appliances.
Ideal candidate would have a professional, motivated attitude and excellent customer service.
Competitive wage rate is offered dependent on experience and benefits are available to full-time employees after successful completion of a probationary period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform installation, maintenance, inspection, and repairs to gas lines and equipment on residential and commercial job sites
- Perform tasks related to all gas fitting applications in accordance to current gas codes
- Work on renovations and retrofits including oil to gas, gas to gas, electric to gas
- Keep work vehicle clean and organized at all times
- Undertake regular stock take of vehicle
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Ensure clean-up of the job site to a high standard
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Gas Fitter “B” Ticket required
- Residential and commercial gas fitter/HVAC experience
- Proven ability and experience to run copper, black iron, and corrugated gas pipe as well as retrofit applications
- Ability to measure, cut, and thread gas lines
- Able to secure pipes, tubes, and fittings by welding, brazing, or cementing, dependent on specifications
- Ability to vent gas appliances
- Ability to work within confined spaces
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed without supervision.
- Valid BC driver’s license and clean drivers abstract required
- Possess majority of appropriate hand tools and cordless power tools for the role, including impact driver etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,893.00-$97,658.00 per year
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)