This position includes, but is not limited to production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, tank and fitter welding. This position will work with Lead Hands, Charge Hands and Foremen to ensure continuous improvements using SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and semi-automatic welding processes.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding: gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shield metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Operate and maintain flame-cutting and plasma arc cutting equipment
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensure drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended or use
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Ensure compliance with Industry, Legislative, and corporate Safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Interprovincial Red Seal or Registered Apprentice
- CWB tickets considered an asset
- Safety training an asset but willing to train as required
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a diverse, fast-pace environment
Foremost is a large and diverse industrial manufacturer. We specialize in equipment for oil & gas, mining, construction and water well markets and have grown to be one of the largest vacuum truck manufacturers in Canada. In early 2019, Foremost acquired the operating assets of Steel Craft Inc and JTL Industries, leading to the addition of ULC Fuel Tanks and Agriculture Grain Bins to Foremost’s product line. With multiple locations in Alberta, a solid reputation dating back to 1940, over 500 employees and a unique depth of expertise Foremost is a company with great people, great products and a great future. We have adapted, invented, and evolved all of our products with a view to make them more useful and profitable for our customers. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
Foremost offers flexible work arrangements, promotes from within and provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive and respectful work culture that engages our employees. Here you will develop, you will be challenged and you will contribute to building a legacy. Come talk to us about your future at Foremost!
For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Vision care
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)