Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
Please visit our website https://mining.komatsu/ for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Welder to our Sparwood, BC region.
Reports to: Foreman, Weld Shop
Shift: 7 x 7, 12 hours per shift, rotational between days and nights
Location: Sparwood, British Columbia
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Welding mining equipment, such as electric shovels, haul trucks, drills etc.
- Proficiency in GMAW, FCAW, SMAW; all positions and able to perform quality weldments with multiple wire sizes.
- Proficient in Air Carbon Gouging.
- Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot and consistently perform welding duties, that meet the company’s quality standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other welders and apprentices within the field environment.
- Proficient in the use of oxy/fuel cutting equipment.
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints and layout would be an asset.
- Semi- Automated welding experience would be an asset.
- Other duties as required.
Education / Qualifications:
- Journeyperson Welder Trades Certification is required.
- 3-7 years of mining or construction related experience is an asset.
- Ability to work different rotating shifts
- CWB FCAW all position is an asset
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.