Reporting to the Group Leader, Mobile Lift, the Journeyperson Ironworker is responsible the below.
Please note this role does require the successful candidate to live within 100KM of Trail. British, Columbia. Relocation assistance will not be provided and there is no camp or company housing.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Direct activities of hoist or crane operators and other workers during fabrication, assembly, installation or repair of structures
- Erect and install hoisting equipment and rigging
- Dismantle structures and equipment
- May be required to fit and weld metal parts or sections together
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Interprovincial Red Seal Ironworker or Boilermaker Certification
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED Certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in an industrial maintenance environment and knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems would be a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Will be required to participate in an assessment process designed to measure fitness, aptitudes and personal attributes
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.