Fort McMurray, where true economic advancement is a real possibility.
Fort McMurray is dedicated to celebrating diversity and Acden is no different. Our community members span from across Canada to all over the world and with them, they bring their fascinating stories. From summertime golf to cross-country and downhill skiing, Fort McMurray offers its residents the luxury of a big, small town feel. With ample amenities minus the congestion, Fort McMurray is a place of opportunity and Acden is the company that can deliver them to you. Would you like to come on an adventure?
Competition #: AL-2021-185
Acden Lemax Machining and Welding Incorporated is seeking Journeyperson Welders to join its Syncrude site operations. The shift rotation is (6) six on, (6) six off, 12 hour rotating day and night shifts. However, hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational and training requirements.
These are local positions to the Fort McMurray, Alberta region. No accommodations or flights will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using processes such as gas tungsten arc (TIG or GTAW), gas metal arc (MIG or GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), oxy-acetylene (OAW), resistance welding, submerged arc welding (SAW) and Cooper Heat.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of metallurgy, geometry and welding techniques.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, overhead and any “out-of-position” angle.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding, such as custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding.
- Able to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Alberta Certified Journeyperson Welder (Red Seal Certification with CWB is an asset).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of welding experience.
- Heavy Equipment repair experience, including dozers, dippers, heavy haulers, buckets.
- Custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding experience.
- Cooper Heat experience is required.
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG), Flux core arc welding (FCAW), Stick Welding and Gouging (CAC-A).
- CWB Certifications are preferred.
- Welding Inspector Certification or inspection experience is considered assets.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Experienced with 1/16” (1.6mm) wire.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or equivalent.
- Provide credentials of trade prior to the interview stage.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a satisfactory abstract.
- Submit a 5-year driver’s abstract that is not more than 30 days old.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol and Audiometric pre-employment testing.
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, carrying heavy materials, climbing and awkward positions.
- Eligible to work on all Oil Sand sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Competitive industry wage.
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Optional RRSP Matching Program.
- Acden Wellness and Employee Perks Program.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Are you able to commute or relocate to Fort McMurray, AB?
- Are you eligible to work on all oil sand sites within the RMWB?
- reading blueprints: 1 year (preferred)
- welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta Journeyperson Welder Trade Ticket (preferred)
- Red Seal Journeyperson Welder Trade Ticket (preferred)
- CWB Certification (preferred)
- CSO, BSO, or combination of CSTS-20 and OSSA (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-04-07