Fort McMurray!!! The place where change is constant, but only for the better.
Here, you have the opportunity of:
- Financial Stability
- A promising start to your career
- A great place to relocate for a start fresh
- More affordable rental and housing options than previously seen
- Joining a welcoming and resilient community
Come for the opportunity and fall in love with the community.
Acden Lemax Machining and Welding Incorporated is HIRING!
Journeyperson Welders (Competition #: AL-2021-183)
This is a local position in Fort McMurray, you must have your own accommodation and transportation. It is located in our Town shop in Saprae Creek Industrial Park. The shift rotation is seven (7) on, seven (7) off, 12 hour rotating day and night shifts. Hours, schedules, and locations may change from time to time due to operational and training requirements.
If you have:
- Alberta Certified Journeyperson Welder Red Seal Certification
- CWB Certificate.
- Heavy Equipment repair experience, including Dozers, Dippers, Heavy Haulers, buckets.
- Custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding experience.
- Cooper Heat Experience.
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG), Flux core arc welding (FCAW), Stick Welding and Gouging (CAC-A).
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Experienced with 1/16” (1.6mm) wire.
- Experience working on a specialized type of welding, such as custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Then, WE WANT YOU!
Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using processes such as gas tungsten arc (TIG or GTAW), gas metal arc (MIG or GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), oxy-acetylene (OAW), resistance welding, submerged arc welding (SAW) and Cooper Heat.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, overhead and any “out-of-position” angle.
- Able to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or equivalent.
- Provide credentials of trade prior to the interview stage.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a satisfactory abstract.
- Submit a 5-year driver’s abstract that is not more than 30 days old.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol and Audiometric pre-employment testing.
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, carrying heavy materials, climbing and awkward positions.
- Eligible to work on all Oil Sand sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Acden Lemax Machining and Welding Incorporated offers:
- Competitive Wage
- Great benefits that is unique in the company
- Security of Tenure and more!
If you are interested, we are inviting you to submit your resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Are you able to commute or relocate to Fort McMurray, AB?
- Are you eligible to work on all oil sand sites within the RMWB?
- welding: 1 year (preferred)
- reading blueprints: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta Journeyperson Welder Trade Ticket (preferred)
- Red Seal Journeyperson Welder Trade Ticket (preferred)
- CWB Certification (preferred)
- CSO, BSO, or combination of CSTS-20 and OSSA (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)