We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing Junior Fitter to join our team!
The Junior Fitter is responsible for prepping, assembly and fitting material needed to meet production demand. They are responsible for the metal shelf of cut files, for organization, and to notify when stock is getting low. The Fitter & Shop Hand will also complete the weekly powder coating tasks to ensure products are completed and ready to pass over to the inventory team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cutting, grinding and prepping metal files for assembly
- Assembly of metal files
- Cutting/coping metal tubing
- Managing time to ensure material is prepped to meet demand
- Keeping parts shelf and work station organized
- Count and track metal cut files and notify when stock is low
- Powder coating production parts for inventory
- Provide general install and assistance to lead fabricator during custom fab work
- Other shop duties as required
- 1-2 years experience working in a shop environment and around equipment such as mills, lathes, welders, presses and small hand tools.
- Must be comfortable and skilled using hand tools such as grinders
- High School Diploma
- Certificate or Diploma in the skilled trades or completed apprenticeship in a related environment is a bonus.
- To maintain our company culture, this position must have a continuous improvement mentality, be self-motivated, work in a team environment and have strong communication skills. Must be punctual, reliable, trustworthy and have the ability to problem solve.
About Fabless Manufacturing
Fabless Manufacturing is a leader in the aftermarket VW scene, producing Engine Mount Kits, Tubular Components and Conversion Parts for MK1, MK2, Corrado, MK3 & MK4 VW’s. Quality, attention to detail and doing the job right is what set’s Fabless apart from the rest and our employees hold an important role in ensuring these values are upheld. Join our expanding team where you will work with other like minded individuals that share the same core values and automotive passion. Located in Lincoln, ON, close to the QEW, Fabless ships products all over North America and Internationally.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We don’t support medical discrimination and no Vax Pass will ever be required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Beamsville, ON L0R 1B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Metal fabrication: 2 years (required)
- Welding Prep: 2 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-03-25