Custom Metal Fabricator
Working in the shop, preparing, fabricating and welding various metal components and structures. You will work from patterns and blueprints, using a variety of tools and machines to make metal parts or assemble components.
Working on site installing and reinforcing steel components. This job can also involve demolishing, replacing or fixing steel components in older structures.
As a Custom Fabricator, we work on a wide variety of metal projects.
Job Requirements: Any on the job training certificates, welding tickets, and certificate of qualification considered an asset
– Minimum 2 years experience in custom metal fabricating.
– Must be familiar with Fabricating Tools, Equipment, & Machinery;
Punch, Press Brake, Shear, TIG/MIG/Stick Welders, Polishing, Circular Saw, Horizontal Band Saw, Vertical Band Saw, Surface Grinder, Plate Roller, and Drill Press.
– Experience working with metals such a stainless steel, steel, and aluminum.
– Must be responsible, precise, and have a passion for high quality workmanship.
– A team player capable of collaborating with others.
– Experience reading & interpreting blueprints.
– Knowledge of bend deductions, bend allowances, sheet metal gauges, metal types, metal finishes, etc.
– Excellent communication , both written & oral.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$31.00 per hour
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) (Preferred)
- G (Required)