Production Lead Hand is responsible for coordinating the activities of production and operation workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. This individual shall ensure that production schedules are created and completed on time, and within budget. Production lead hand is also responsible for the prompt and accurate assembly of customer orders. He or she will confirm that all orders are accurate and assembled free from defects. They will be required to follow all safe work policies and procedures and work to maintain a clean environment. He or she will be responsible for the completion of accurate and timely production papers, as well as ensuring successful line changeovers.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· Electromechanical engineering technology degree/diploma an asset
· Minimum 1 year work experience in a related position in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Basic mathematical skills
· Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
· Attention to detail in all areas of work.
· Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
· Must be capable of line changeovers.
· Must have good knowledge and understanding of equipment.
· Must have good knowledge and understanding of quality standards.
· Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse, and transportation management
· Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
· Experience in managing third-party service providers
· Knowledge of local and federal regulations and ordinances
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.63-$24.13 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care