Metro Compactor Service Inc. is Canada’s leading expert in Waste and Recycling Equipment solutions. We are looking for an experienced lead hand/foreman who can support our Production Manager with day to day tasks and effectively lead our shop employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To supervise shop floor employees as they perform their tasks to ensure efficient operation. The production supervisor is to ensure that employees fabricate products with accuracy and in a timely manner. Addresses performance issues and provides advice to improve performance and productivity.
The supervisor will foster communication between the Production Manager and shop floor employees to ensure company goals are met. The supervisor will perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Good knowledge of metal manufacturing equipment ( Welding & Custom fabrication) and production processes
- Ability to drive performance and to resolve conflicts
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multitask and reach company goals in a timely manner
- Able to coach and empower employees
- Ability to be flexible and work as a team
- Accomplished MIG and ARC welder
- Able to read blue prints
- Good computer skills
- Able to write performance and safety reports
- Fork lift license will be an asset
A high school diploma with a minimum of two years of lead hand, or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time and walk for extended periods of time to coach, observe and correct processes. Is able to lift at least 50 lbs. Good vision and the ability to communicate clearly is required.
Application Deadline: 2020-11-11
Expected Start Date: 2020-11-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing environment: 5 years (Preferred)
- lead hand/foreman : 2 years (Required)