Pitt Meadows Plumbing and Mechanical Systems has been a leader in the industry for over 40 years. We specialize in pre-fabrication, modular systems and installation of large scale residential, commercial, institutional, educational, and medical design-build plumbing and mechanical projects.
We are currently looking for a Level B Welder to join our big family in our main shop in Maple Ridge. This shift goes from 1 pm to 9 pm, Monday to Friday. If you are looking for a career with a progressive company that thrives on innovative design and cutting-edge technology, then PMP is for you!
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Employer-paid Extended Health & Dental benefits package
- Group RRSP program
- Opportunities for continuous education
- Growth opportunities
- Amazing corporate culture
- Respectful work environment
Reporting to the Welding Supervisor, the Level B Welder will:
- Work alongside other members of the welding team made up of journeymen and apprentices.
- Read and interpret blueprints, fabrication drawings, and welding process specifications.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications using straightedge, combination square, callipers, and ruler.
- Tack weld or weld components and assemblies using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Solve problems to keep production flowing on site.
- Comply with company health and safety policy.
- Practice project-specific QA/QC procedure.
- Develop a strong understanding of each project.
- Work with order/fabrication tracking software and automated tooling as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually, as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to lead by example, and follow direction from supervisors.
- Team player (ability to maintain good working relationships with other personnel, including PMP employees, contractors, sub-trades, and others)
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to use appropriate, trade-related technology.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able to work from heights of up to 25 feet in the air on scissor lifts or ladders.
- Mechanically inclined to work safely with hand tools and power tools.
- Able to withstand high-stress and fast-paced environment on a construction site.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Bluebeam and Autodesk would be an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the welding industry
- SWAM, MCAW, GMAW
- SMAW CWB Valid all position
- MCAW, CWB Valid Flat and Horizontal
Who are you?
- You value teamwork and consider yourself a true team player.
- You represent yourself and your work with passion and pride.
- You strive to do the right thing, always.
- You want a challenging yet rewarding position.
Application: Submit your resume + Desired Wage.
To know more about us, please visit our website https://www.pittmeadows.net/
Check us out on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/pitt-meadows-plumbing/
See our employee reviews on Indeed https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Pitt-Meadows-Plumbing-&-Mechanical-Systems/reviews
Job Type: Full-time