We are looking to recruit a competent welder to support the activities of our welding team. This individual will ensure an organized work environment, and adequate maintenance of equipment and materials. Tools and materials, such as rods and grinding discs available, grinders, hammers, beveling machines, torches and magnetic drills are provided. You will need to be familiar with welding metals such as galvanized, and carbon steel.
To ensure success you will pay attention to minute details. Candidates will be patient and organized, and flexible to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Attending on-site safety meetings.
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas.
- Set up rigs and move them between work areas
- Maintaining stock levels of materials and supplies.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Following foreman’s instructions as required
- Employing buffers and grinders to clean welds.
- Maintaining knowledge of various types of metal.
- Operating various tools and types of equipment.
- Identifying safety risks and hazards, and complying with relevant safety procedures and regulations.
- CWB certification Flux required
- Proficient knowledge of all aspects of welding.
- Basic English reading and writing skills.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended hours.
- Comfortable with working on elevated surfaces.
- Resilient to working in adverse climatic conditions.
- Available to work shifts and extended hours.
- Available to travel to remote areas for extended periods (if Required)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50.00-$95.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Masks and sanitation available on site for individuals requiring them or requesting them
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB T8X 4E6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welders: 1 year (preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2022-12-07