Precision LOD Welder * Manufacturing Experience A Plus*
Shifts: 1st, Swing, Graveyard
Come for the job, stay for the career.
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
- At least 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. More experience big PLUS!
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprint, and procedure manuals
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Functions & Responsibilities:
TIG Welding / Fabrication of custom chambers and/or components using customer supplied drawings and/or blueprints while holding tolerances of +/-.010 and/or .5% angular.
- Perform orbital welding of tubing and components
- Set up and calibrates power supply with the correct welding program.
- Set up gas mixing equipment
- Creates and logs weld coupons
- Must be able to meet or exceed the requirement of the project through manual fabrication such as port alignment, scribing, cutting/coping, tacking, tuning and welding while maintaining angular tolerance’s of +/- ½ %, focal lengths and target points of +/- .010; closely collaborate with machinists throughout the manufacturing process for each phase of the project.
- Must be familiar with metallurgy, primarily stainless steel.
- Must know the proper weld settings for welding various materials along with filler rod selection.
- Must have solid knowledge of GD&T.
- Must be able to produce vacuum tight welds in hard-to-reach areas of chambers.
- Ability and understanding of how to identify the proper order of operations (identifying the main datum point/sequence of hole penetration)
- Ability to locate the ports in regards to the target point, angle and/or focal length
- Ability and understanding of how to setup and use target point fixtures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As we celebrate our 45th year anniversary, we want to grow our talent team to help us expand our capabilities to develop the tools and technologies that enable science to change the world. If you share our passion of developing innovative technology solutions that make a positive global impact, we would love to speak with you! Browse our current available job positions and join Team MDC! We look forward to working together!
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones’
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Precision TIG Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location