Kelly Services is seeking a Combo Welder for a machine shop located in Geismar, LA.
M-F 8 AM to 5 PM. Starting pay $27 per hour. This is a temp to hire position.
- Secure components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Select appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
- Apply knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Prepare material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
- Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
- Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Five (5) years trade experience in trade preferred
- Ability to identify all techniques of welding (tig, mig, arc, etc.), and know all properties of various types of metal and how heat affects them.
- Ability to identify the requirements for various welding tests and to produce X-ray quality welds that meet each requirement.
- Completion of welding certification.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.