Smith Sawmill Service is a multi-state manufacturing company that provides services and products that are designed around the ever-changing sawmills, chip mills, paper mills, and pallet manufactures. We are one of the largest saw manufacturing facilities in the country and an exciting place to grow your career.
We are currently looking for a fulltime, motivated 2nd Shift Machine Operator to join our team in our Polkton, North Carolina facility
The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Running Vollmer and auto grinder machines
- Keep general area clean and free of debris and spills
- Maintaining upkeep of work areas.
- Performing routing inspections on machines
- Complies with good manufacturing practices
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic operating difficulties
- Assists other teams when needed
- Ability to read basic measuring tools i.e. tape measure, caliper, micrometers, etc.
- Previous machine operator experience in grinding and welding preferred but willing to train.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Drug-testing required for employment.
Smith Sawmill Service offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance plans with generous employer contribution, company paid vision and $20,000 life insurance, 401k plan with company match, paid holidays and paid sick and PTO time.
If you wish to apply, please submit your resume with hourly rate requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location