JBT Airport Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
As a member of the JBT team you’ll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage + 401K.
This position is located at the George Bush International Airport in Houston, Texas.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled and scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Drive and operate different equipment such as golf carts, company vehicles, forklifts, etc.
- Plan work activities to produce quality welds in the time allotted by the schedule and manufacturing standards.
- Position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Performs TIG and MIG welding in a sanitary environment. Performs purge welding on tubing or piping.
- Verify and inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and standards using appropriate measuring devices. Reports all discrepancies with manufacturing to immediate supervisor prior to moving onto the next operation, and then gathers the appropriate departmental personal to determine the best way to achieve the manufacturing standard.
- Practices good housekeeping procedures within weld shop and work areas.
- Uses hand and power tools to grind, sand, polish or cut any stainless-steel weldments or sub-assemblies.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and services.
- Complete all PM and CM logs and paperwork.
- Comply with the company safety program and trainings.
- Ability to work productively and cohesively in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
While performing the duties of an Machine Repair Technician III- Welder, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces. Ladder work required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver License.
- American Welding Society Welder Certificate required.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in equipment maintenance and maintenance operations.
- Ability to read and understand safety and operational procedures, blueprints, machining and fabrication drawings, and bills of materials.
- Working knowledge of orbital welding desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully weld with TIG and MIG in a sanitary environment within established safety, production, and quality requirements. Capable of purge welding tubing or piping.
- Ability to efficiently use measuring instruments such as measuring tape, calipers, protractor, machinist scales, height gauges, etc. to verify and inspect own work.
- Ability to fabricate fixtures, and parts from verbal / written directions.
- Ability to cut, bend, and notch tubing.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, handheld, and power tools, and to perform manual tasks such as grinding, sanding, polishing, plasma cutting.
- Possess mechanic skills including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Airport operations a plus.
- Computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to clearly direct, lead work tasks, and delegate assignments to peers.
- Ability to communicate professionally to customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport.
- Ability to work Day or Night Shift including weekends and holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.