Position: Machinist (+ Welder)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Currently looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. Also looking for basic welding skills. A great machinist needs to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail. They must also have knowledge of mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions. The candidate will be expected to support both EPRI’s Machine Shop and Weld Shop for various project work. Some responsibilities are listed below but not limited to;
1.Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
2.Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
3.Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
4.Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
5.Perform routine machine maintenance.
6. Basic welding experience & capability.
Mandatory: Must have at least 1-3 years of manual machinist experience. Manual mill and lathe experience is a requirement. 2. Must be able to operate manual mills, lathe, & drill presses 3. Able to use measuring tools (such as dial calipers & micrometers) 4. Able to read, interpret and follow blueprints, work orders, verbal instructions and duplicate samples 5. Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools including but not limited to band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, and files to complete job 6. Basic welding experience & capability.
Ideal Candidate: 1. High School diploma or equivalent; Technical degree is a plus 2. Prior Machine Operator Experience required 3. Attention to Detail 4. Willing to learn 5. Good Driving Record 6. Ability to work independently 7. Positive Attitude 8. Demonstrate initiative 9. Basic welding experience.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee’s I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Lathes: 2 years (Required)
- Calipers: 2 years (Required)
- Welding: 2 years (Required)
- manual mills: 2 years (Required)
- Machine Operator: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma