Working within a team-based maintenance department your responsibilities will include effective troubleshooting, repair, installations and preventative maintenance of the facility and equipment. Employee will be trained in machinist, millwright and welding skills to be qualified as a Maintenance Technician and be expected to assist other trades as required.
- Employee must have Pipefitter/steamfitter license and preference will be made to those have welding skills.
- Must be available to work overtime/call-ins as required.
- Ability to drive a tow-motor is an asset.
- Valid G driver’s license is required.
- Change and repack valves.
- Install pipe hangers and blanks.
- Troubleshoot and repair solenoid valves.
- Fabricate/repair threaded piping.
- Disconnect piping to change out equipment and reconnect.
- Work with plastic piping.
- Replace gaskets.
- Basic insulation work, basic pipe layouts and runs.
- Basic hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting and repair.
- Troubleshoot/repair control loops.
- Trace and unplug stock lines.
- Oxy/Acetylene cutting and burning.
- Stick welding.
- Plasmarc cutting.
- TIG welding.
- MIG welding.
- Change pump element, reducers and coupling.
- Repack equipment such as pumps or pulpers.
- Minor mobile equipment repair and maintenance.
- Inspect and repair conveyor, pulleys and belts.
- Inspect and repair/replace drive chains, belts, sheaves and sprockets.
- Conduct Paper Machine roll changes.
- Replace and repair hydraulic/pneumatic cylinders.
- Change bearings.
- Complete minor fabrication work.
- Conduct alignment and rigging.
- Lubrication of machines and equipment — grease and replace oil.
- Use drill press.
- Lathe operation such as boring a coupling.
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers (inside and out), dial indicators etc.
- Read sketches and blueprints.
- Operate shop saw.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.20-$34.78 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Pipefitting: 4 years (Preferred)
- pipefitter/steamfitter (Required)