Job Functions: Qualified candidate will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all nursery equipment. Ability to operate shop equipment; saws, drills, lathe, milling machine, grinders and fabrication tools. Ability to operate nursery equipment including tractors, trucks, loaders etc. Produce quality welds (gas, arc, MIG, TIG) including out of position, in shop or field. Perform hydraulic system repairs. Available to work extra hours in emergency situations. Maintain clean and safe work area and perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 Year education or equivalent experience in shop maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Requires strong welding experience and ability to be creative in construction custom made equipment to suit nursery requirements.
- Knowledge of drives; belts, chains, gearboxes etc.
- Strong math skills.
- Common sense problem solving and must own personal set of basic tools.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company criteria for insurability.
Please submit resume & minimum salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma