Marine Aluminum Fabrication and Welding Job Description
Duties: In support of the production requirements, performs the following duties and tasks:
- Perform quality Fabrication & Welding duties as outlined below and by the manager and /or lead hand.
- Follow safe work practices as outlined. Report any unsafe work practice or circumstance to the manager and / or lead hand.
- Show up everyday with drive and passion to make the Fabrication/Welding department the most organized, efficient, and professional department in the company.
- Provide effective communication with all co-workers, lead hands and managers.
- Fabricate both hulls and prefabricated components for hulls from drawings as well as from verbal instructions under limited supervision. Proficiently work with aluminum plate, Tee bar, flat bar, square tube, pipe, tube and other extrusions.
- Figure out, layout, cut and fit, complex parts and shapes, using blueprints, existing structures and template materials as required to complete vessels.
- Read, interpret, draw materials and build projects from blueprints with limited supervision, producing first time quality results.
- Finish welding work to a high standard of appearance using grinder’s sanders/ die grinders / routers and other finishing tools to maintain quality.
- Inspect completed welds to ensure quality according to established standards
- Work at a consistent rate to maintain schedule and quality expectations.
- Keep work areas tidy and secure
- Assist in other production and plant areas when required
- Other duties as assigned.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced production environment and become part of the big family that is Coastal Craft.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with our team and maintain them over time.
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions as given by the manager and / or lead hand.
- Proficiency in the ability to set up and weld aluminum using pulsed GMAW push-pull welding equipment in all positions and to produce sound welds at a consistent rate to maintain both schedule and quality of vessels in production.
- Aluminum Tig welding skills
- Proficiency in marking, scribbling, cutting, bending and installing to close tolerances (+/- 1.5875 MM – 1/16”).
- Routine daily use of welding machines, routers, air/electric/die grinders, reciprocating/circular/chop/band/table saws, drill motors, drill presses and other power tools.
- Basic hand tools
- Lifting, bending, standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift or move 25lbs constantly and up to 50lbs occasionally
- Constant exposure to chemicals and odors
- Constant ability to stand & walk throughout the workday and work in indoor & outdoor locations
- Climbing ladders, ramps and scaffolding. May require work in confined space
- Employee must provide his/her own steel toe boots. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
- Breathing masks and other Protective Equipment are to be worn as directed, when performing tasks requiring this protection.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Monday to Friday
- Marine Aluminum Fabrication / Welding: 1 year (Preferred)