Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
Mechanic – Welder performs vehicle preparation and repair for internal testing departments and external customers. This position interacts with all internal testing departments to include O.E. customers for purposes of vehicle preparation in support of testing.This position regularly works in a self directed environment; while under the direction of the department supervisor.
- Vehicle preparation for testing departments:
- Perform routine scheduled test vehicle service
- Identify preventative test vehicle maintenance needs
- Perform test vehicle alignments
- Close interaction with supervisor to ensure test vehicle preparation need dates are met
- Perform additional duties as determined by department supervisor and business requirements
Required Experience and Education
- 2 year degree required (technical)
- Systems maintenance Welding certification preferred
- 3 – 5 years passenger, light truck and/or medium truck drive train
Skills and Abilities
- Must own tools
- CDL required – Must be able to drive trucks to diagnose
- Current diagnostic equipment experience/proficiency
- Heavy equipment experience – Grader, Backhoe, Loader, Fork Lift
- Experience with the following (Hydraulic, Farm Equipment, Fuel Systems
- Have working knowledge of tires and rims to include passenger, light truck and radial medium truck
- Basic computer skills to include Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.