This is a position for a mechanically biased maintenance technician at our land-based fish farm in West Hants.
Working on our Centre Burlington fish farm you will be conducting routine plant maintenance and breakdown repairs. Our farm is a 100% recirculating fish farm, which means we raise our fish in tanks and discharge nothing back into the environment. As such the fish are entirely reliant on our technology to survive – all day, every day. Many thousands of fish will depend on your reliability, knowledge, and attention to detail for their welfare.
As our process is entirely new technology, you will also be expected to get involved with plant upgrades and modifications as the need arises. You will use your knowledge and experience to improve equipment reliability across a variety of equipment. You will also work with the maintenance manager to determine appropriate preventative maintenance routines, safe working procedures and spare part stock.
· Currently able to live and work in Canada.
· Valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license (Red Seal)
· Safe attitude to work.
· Experience with pumps. You will be required to change seals, bearings, align shafts etc.
· Knowledge of pneumatic systems.
· Able to maintain and repair process machinery.
· Computer literate. You will be expected to use a PC on a regular basis and be reasonably comfortable with its use for getting your maintenance tasks, recording your work, checking drawings etc.
· Flexibility, you will sometimes be helping with work outside your main skill set and occasionally be required for overtime in emergencies for the welfare of the fish.
· Communication skills. You will be working closely with a range of disciplines and capabilities sometimes in stressful circumstances. Your ability to remain calm and properly communicate is critical.
· Compressor operation and maintenance experience.
· Fabrication experience welding, frame building etc.
· Moving plant repair.
· Pipe fitting knowledge.
· Familiarity with P&ID schematics.
· Forklift/Telehandler tickets.
· Safety tickets for confined space, work at height, SCBA.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Centre Burlington, NS B0N 2A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 2 years (required)